Call for Speakers Now Closed
Each year, the Fiber Connect presents a comprehensive lineup of education led by the industry’s best. Share your expertise, peer case studies, and use cases of emerging technologies at the only event in North America dedicated to fiber.
Choose Your Topic
This year, we are accepting sessions proposals for each of our education tracks:
- Operational Savings from Copper to Fiber
- Rural Deployment
- Government Funding at State/Federal Levels
- Legislative Changes for Rural Co-ops
- Public/Private Partnerships Options
- Economic Development in Fiber Deployments
- Service Providers Enterprise Business Case
- Open Access Networks: Wholesale Models To Provision a Network
- Fiber Deployments: Commercial vs. Residential vs. Wholesale
- App-based Video (OTT)
- Future of Smart Cities
- Small Cell Densification
- What’s Next: 10-Gig PON
- Extending Fiber Services With Wireless And Gigabit Copper Technologies
- Fiber Construction Roundtable (Fiber Deployment Specialist Group)
- Underground vs. Aerial
- Ariel ADSS vs. Stranded Fiber
- Outdoor ONT vs. Indoor ONT
- Fiber 101: The Basics
- Premise Installation Practices
- Lessons Learned from Network Operators and Deployments
- When Does Fixed Wireless Need Fiber?
- OSP Construction Types
- When Technicians Become Sales Agents: Educating Prospects, Marketing, Upselling, etc.
- Permitting and Make Ready
- What’s Next With 5G
We are also accepting proposals for our pre-conference Fiber Starter Kit Workshop and Wednesday Customer Connections Summit.
Fiber Starter Kit Workshop
Sunday May 31
This pre-conference event on Sunday, May 31 is the premier workshop for those considering or just beginning a fiber build. Leading fiber experts will present the basics of bring fiber broadband to a community and provide critical information to ensure network success.
- Funding and The Different Financial Models
- The Process of Selecting Vendors (RFP’s, Interviews, Site Visits, Awarding)
- Leading Prospects Through The Awareness, Interest, Decision, and Action (AIDA) Model
- Why Fiber Is the Difference?
- Navigating Through The Construction and Installation Phases
- Product & Services: Monetizing Your Fiber
- Beyond Core Services
- Wholesale Opportunities
- Ethernet Connections
Customer Connections Summit
Wednesday June 3
On the final day of the event, Wednesday, June 3, we will focus on the other side of your network – the customers. Exceptional marketing, customer service, and community relationships are critical to the success of every fiber network.
- Sales and Marketing
- Marketing on a Small Budget
- Using Social Media
- Customer Service
- Customer Retention
- Managing & Leveraging Community Relationships
- Establishing A Culture of Customer Care
- Coordinating With Local Realtors On Fiber Education
Choose the Session Format to Fit Your Content
Fiber Connect education sessions are presented in a variety of formats to provide an interesting and engaging experience for all attendees. Choose your preferred session format from the options below when submitting your proposal:
- Breakout Session (45 minutes): Focused presentation with a maximum of one or two presenters.
- Expo Theater Presentation (30 minutes): Lively, interactive presentations on the expo hall floor.
Note: service provider case studies are preferred in all session formats and are found to be most engaging to attendees.
Accepted speakers will be notified by November 2019.
Contact email@example.com for assistance.